“Command those who are rich in the things of this life … to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share with others. In this way they will store up for themselves a treasure which will be a solid foundation for the future. And then they will be able to win the life which is true life.” -1 Timothy 6:17-19
Every member and friend of St. James can provide valuable support to the parish through prayer and worship and through the gifts of time and talent, but financial support is also necessary. Parishioners can assist in that support in various ways:
- by pledging to the church a potion of the family’s annual income and honoring that pledge by payments against it in a lump sum or periodically throughout the year;
- by responding to special request offerings (e.g. contributing to the Christmas and Easter offerings or to periodic designated plate offerings);
- by remembering a special event, such as a birthday, or memorializing the death of a loved one or friend with contributions to the Memorial Funds;
- by helping to provide funds to support the enhancement of our worship through music and the hiring of guest soloists or instrumentalists
- by contributing to the ongoing musical outreach efforts of the church, such as our concert series and summer camp, through contributions to the St. James Music Society fund.
- by buying groceries and signing up for Kroger Community Rewards with your plus card, which helps offset the operational expenses of the church;
- by helping fund building improvements or major purchases of furnishings or equipment; and
- by jumping in with financial assistance as other needs arise.
The church welcomes contributions of any form – now, soon, or at any time; they can be in the form of:
- Stock, preferably shares that are publicly traded
- Other property (e.g. rental property, art, antiques, etc.) that can be converted into cash or used by the church to carry out its mission.
If your gift is in the form of cash, please be sure to include your name as the donor and whether the purpose of your donation is for general use or a specific purpose. If writing a check, please address it to “St. James Episcopal Church,” and if it is for a specific purpose, include it on the memo line. If your contribution is to a Memorial Fund, please indicate the name of the person whom you are honoring and the person(s) to be notified of your gift. If donating stock, please call (513) 661-1154 for instructions. You can also leave a legacy that provides for passing on a gift after a future event or following your death.
It is important that parishioners provide ongoing support to fund the annual operating budget which covers compensation of staff; outreach; office expenses; utilities and maintenance; education for children, youth, and adults; support of the worship and music programs, etc. It is through generous support that St. James can keep its doors open to fully live into its mission of being a community center of worship and common life where Christ’s love is visible and experienced.
For questions about giving of any nature, contact Gayle Linkletter, Parish Administrator, at (513) 661-1154.